Monday, February 19, 2007

Sex Tips; Shaving...part 2

A Hairy Situation:
Part 2. Waxing

Before you read about my conversation to the cult of pubic hair shaving. After shaving for a while, I decided that the amount of time I dedicated to my razor could clearly be eliminated if I switched to the similar, but slightly different, church of waxing.

Having made this decision, I again began to explore waxing. What type of wax did I want them to use? What exactly did I want wax; just the visible part, the lips too, or everything but the kitchen sink? Where should I go to do it? How much was it going to hurt? Was this just a really dumb idea? It seemed to me that if I was going to do it, it had to be all or nothing, and finally, I came to the conclusion that I was ready for my first, all hair removing, slightly exotic sounding, Brazilian wax.

After much debating back and forth, I started talking to my friend, and found that she was considering getting waxed too, but didn’t want to go alone. Amused at our similar mind sets, we decided to go get our hair ripped out together. We were in need of a female bonding experience, and this one fit the bill, so we busted out the phone book and started our search for a salon to help us with our hair removal needs. The decision had to be made as to whether we wanted to go to a cheaper, middle of the range place, or something a little more high class. In the end, we decided for our first time to go to an upper-end, fancy schmancy salon.

In preparation, I googled “Brazilian Wax” to get some tips as to what to expect. First and foremost, you need a hair length of at least 1/4-1/2 inch long. How do you know it’s the right length? Well, in my case, I decided that guys aren’t the only ones needing to bust out the ruler.

Some people said it hurt more than they had expected, and others said that it hurt far less. Everyone agreed that drinking alcohol or doing drugs beforehand is a worse plan than Britney marrying K-Fed. Many people suggested drinking LOTS of water before the process to make it easier to remove the hairs (I don’t understand the logic behind this, but I drink 80 oz. a day anyway, so it was easy enough), and to take a few Ibuprofen an hour or so before hand.

I drank my water and took my Advil, and headed in with my friend, a little nervous, a little excited, and not really knowing what to expect. After signing in, I headed back to a room playing soft music with some mood lighting, and was given a few minutes to lose my skirt (I decided jeans rubbing against my newly nude naughty bits was a less than pleasant picture) and underwear, and was then laid down on a chair that reminded me of the dentist… not the best experience. Shortly I felt a pleasantly warm (but definitely not burning hot) sensation on my nether regions. Then a strip of cloth was placed over the wax, and as she told me to bear down, RIP! Definitely a sting, but not nearly as painful as I expected. As the process continued, it got a little more tender, but nothing horrible to write home about. The whole thing took about 30-45 minutes, and I left with my friend (whose process took slightly longer), and we walked off to the sunset, arm in arm (and I looked like I was riding a horse… without the animal). I will say I was a little sore for the first few hours.

All in all, it was definitely a different experience. My poor pussy was a little sore and red for a day, but after that, I could believe how much I loved this whole waxing thing better than shaving. It got EVERYWHERE, which I definitely can’t do with my razor, and lasted almost a month before I should have gone in again (but was in Montana at the time, and I didn’t want to go try and find a waxing salon in the middle of Glacier National Park). It definitely is a little pricey ($65 + tip at a nice salon in Colorado, and prices vary depending on where you are), but I thought it was worth it. While I can’t afford to head to the spa once a month, I treat myself every once in a while, and just go with the razor in between. It’s certainly not for everyone, but if you’re adventurous and wanting to give it a try, find a good place, grab a friend for moral vaginal support, drink your water, pop your pain killers… and head on in for a new experience. And let me know what you think.

Hair today, gone tomorrow!

Essin’ Em

Hair removal is painful enough - so here’s a fun movie that has absolutely nothing to do with it! Wax On Whacks Off:

Wax On Whacks Off



Email Essin' Em your questions!

No comments: