Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Sex Tips: Camping is In-Tents!

So, this isn’t really a question from any of you, rather, it is I, Essin’ Em, imparting a bit of my recently learned knowledge up on you, the rest of the world.

Sex and camping. These are two things that do not necessarily go together. I actually really dislike camping. However, my partner invited me on a camping trip, and since I wanted to spend time with said partner, I went. However, I did have an ulterior motive; my partner promised me hot camping sex if I went on this trip, and we all know that the promise of delectable and adventurous sex is something I can never turn down. So off I went into the land of woods, bears and spiders, in the pursuit of hot camping sex.

 

First of all, may I please recommend you invest in a cheap air mattress. It doesn’t have to be fancy, even inflatable rafts will do. You’ll be very thankful I suggested this. No, really. My bad knees aside, the ground is HARD. Air mattresses are also good for sleeping, as well as a sex-ing, so I give them a thumbs up. 

What else will you need? NON-SCENTED lube. According to our friendly neighborhood park ranger, bears can smell very well, and so you must keep anything scented - food, toothpaste, deodorant, - out of the tent. Being the cautious little Girl Scout that I am, I’d put scented lube in that category as well…ergo, go for the scent-less stuff (and it’s better for your naughty bits as well). Something we discovered about lube is that a surprise drop of freshly cooled lube (you ARE camping - anything liquid cools down really fast when you’re outdoors) on your clit feels absolutely AMAZING. If you don’t like cold stuff on your parts, pour it in your hands and rub it around to warm it up first. 

As far as sleeping bags go, I thought I was pretty ingenious…I bought two cheap single sleeping bags and zipped them together to create a queen sized sleeping bag for the two of us to share. It was ideal both for sex and for cuddling without losing body heat to the cold outdoors. They make special “couples” sleeping bags, too. You can use your own personal bags as well — just think about how cold it’ll be at 11pm when you’re naked in the middle of the wilderness. Something to consider. 

Another thing to think about is whether you’ll be hiking off into the boondocks where any noise you make won’t be noticed, or if you’ll be at a campground (family oriented or otherwise) where you have to guard your sounds more. We were at the latter, but let me tell you, having to be quiet can add a super hot and kinky dynamic to your sex. 

I’m speaking mostly about tent sex because I wasn’t ready to let spiders, ticks, or other creepy crawlies get anywhere near my vagina, and because I like to keep my vulva mosquito bite free. However, if you’re into to outdoor-outdoor sex, make sure you sprits on some bug spray (and perhaps sun block, depending on your timing) before you go at it, to protect yourself and your partner. 

Something to remember — carry out what your carried in. Condoms,latex, sheepskin or otherwise, are not disposable. If you use them, wrap them up, and take them to an approved trash disposal site - you don’t want poor little creatures swallowing them and dying (although apparently some woman had one in her lung for a few weeks, so I guess it’s possible to live through such an event). If you bring vibrators (hey, you never know!) and the batteries run out, don’t forget to dispose of them properly as well. Be as nice (or nicer) to the wilderness as it is to you. 

That’s about it for camping sex. Just take generic precautions, and you could be getting it on in fantastic, fun-filled forests in no time! 

I’m always prepared,

Essin’ Em

Get some ideas on getting down while getting wet while watching Inside Outdoors :

Inside Outdoors






No comments: