Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Dreamer Vibe



Every toy comes with it's own set of pros and cons. Some have more pros than cons and some more cons than pros, but the neat thing about all of it is that my cons can be your pros and visa versa! I'll put it right out there that the Dreamer Vibe (otherwise known as Lucid Curves #21) wasn't my favorite toy in the world. It was pretty decent at getting the job done and getting me off, but I would say that from a cost-benefit analysis, the cons outweighed the pros for me.

You can't tell from the picture posted, but the nubby head and the dial actually face away from each other (not perpendicular) and both sides have a curve to them, so the toy is shaped like an "s." It reminded me of a hot pink periscope or some kind of worm-ish looking creature, especially with little nubs all over the clit stimulating surface. And speaking of the nubs, I actually find them kind of painful on my bits, so I ended up turning the toy around and using the plain hard plastic back end, which worked just fine.

This is a waterproof toy, which is totally awesome for people who love getting off in the shower or tub, I, unfortunately, am not one of those people. I have an irrational fear (well, I suppose it's not that irrational) of electricity and water, and even though a toy is billed as waterproof, I prefer to stay on dry land.

The multi speed setting dial isn't necessarily loose or super easy to move, but somehow every time I moved the vibe around, I kept accidentally hitting the dial and turning the toy off. I have no idea how I did this, but it happened a few times. This was particularly frustrating because every time I turned it back on, it seemed to get louder (which I'm sure was just my imagination).

I was a little surprised at the noise level that came from the vibe. It was much louder than I would have expected. I was actually a little reluctant to turn it on higher, as I was afraid of waking up my roommate (who's room is down the hall, and both our doors were closed). It wasn't super loud like a lawnmower or anything, but I would say it made more noise than an electric toothbrush or razor, which is a little be too loud for my liking.

I know this review sounds like I downright hated this toy, but that's actually not the case. While I might not go straight for this vibe when I reach in my toy box, it would totally work for me in a pinch. And who's to say that I wouldn't use it on someone else…

Get wet and wild with Doc Johnson's Dreamer Vibe!

No comments: