Thursday, February 14, 2008

I'm not anti Valentine's Day, I'm just a jerk



Yep, it's Valentine's Day. Whoopty-freakin-do. Although I am an unattached singleton, I wouldn't necessarily say that is why I think Valentine's Day is kind of a crock. Even when I was happily paired up and starry-eyed, I still though the idea of a specific holiday to be lovey dovey and thoughtful totally defeated the purpose of love in the first place. Not that I know what love is, but I know it sure doesn't come in an oversized box of chocolates from CVS or a Hallmark commercial.

Anyway, Snippy Suzie aside, I'm here to say that bein' in love is good stuff and even though I'm not participating in any Valentine's Day celebration, here is a round up of recent stuff that will hopefully get you in the mood for this calendar day carved out for lovin'. Hmm, mabye writing stuff like that is the reason I'm alone...


- Apparently no one on The Today Show this morning expected Jane Fonda to bust out with the dirty words and forgot to keep on the ball with the censors. I mean come on, she is known for the whole Vietnam War outrage. You think they'd be under contract by the bigwigs to at least monitor anyone who was ever considered even the slightest bit risque. Least she was talkin' bout vag. You know someone lost their job over that one. And of course I loved Meredith Vieira's little damage control spiel. Insert eye roll here. Thanks Queerty for watching The Today Show so we don't have to. (via queerty.com)

- In a first ever photographed moment, gorillas in the wild rock the missionary position. "Leah was lying on the ground and George was looking into Leah's eyes," researchers wrote in the report. Yeah, can we not do that? Seriously, we don't need to bring some soap opera dramatic woo haa into gorillas fucking in the mist. So they aren't humping from behind - doesn't mean we hear waves crashing in the background. Thumbs down for turning hot monkey sex into a Harlequin romance novel. (nationalgeographic via jezebel


- Hmm. I'm not sure if I think these are kinda gross or kinda fun... a good addtion to the V-Day round up either way. (via random-good-stuff.com)


- No wonder I don't bother with the gym, we don't have anything good like this. Looks like hella more fun that the stupid stairmaster. (youtube via tinynibbles)


- And lastly, my favorite Valentine's Day moment ever. Thanks again Jez! (via jezebel)


Alright, Happy Valentine's Day. Go eat chocolate, or whatever those crazy kids are doing today.

xoxo


No comments: