Thursday, June 21, 2007

Howard Stern Re-cap

So for those of you who listen in to hear me and the intern on Howard Stern, and were sorely disappointed, here's the deal:

*I wake up at 3:00am. Leave my place at 3:45.
*Get into the city at 4:40, and find I can't make left turns to get me to my office (I usually take the train). I find Chinatown though, so it's all worth while.
*Meet up with James Hotmovies and our intern Drew, and we drive to NYC.
*Go through a security check in the lobby of the building.
*Go through another wanding security check at Sirius.
*Wait.
*Get water.
*Wait more.
*Then we're taken back to the Green room, and I write "Miss Tranny" on our giant, super big check, in pretty handwriting. We listen to the two transwomen talk to Howard, and then it's go time. Drew and I were ready with the check (James is trying to be more off screen lately - kind of like a puppeteer), 3-2-and then we're told that Howard has James's name, so only he can go out there to present the check. Sigh...the waste of a good morning. Except I got to chat with one of the transwomen afterwards, and her agent, and met Artie and Ronnie and someone else from the show (I don't watch it regularly...so I'm not sure quite who it was).
*Drove back. Lots of traffic. I napped.

So sorry if you tuned it to here the young 'uns. It was just James. But it was an interesting field trip, to say the least.

And now I need another nap,

-Essin' Em

No comments: