Monday, June 11, 2007

Sex Tips: PC Workout!

Hey Em! I've heard a lot about these "kegel" exercises, and I was wondering what all the hype was about. You can't really exercise your vagina, can you?

-Pondering in the Poconos


Excellent question! When I think of working out, I'll admit, my vagina is not the first thing that comes to mind. So can one really strengthen their lady bits?



Why yes, yes you can! There are these fabulous muscles in your vagina, commonly known as your "PC Muscles" (in which PC stands for pubococcygeus…clearly, "PC" is way easier to say). They're also sometimes called your "pelvic floor muscles" by people in the know. Both females AND males have these muscles, and in fact, both females and males can do kegels - just in slightly different ways and with slightly different results.


How might you find these muscles in order to being your exercise routine? Easy! Next time you're peeing, stop the flow. Yup. You just found your PC muscles. Actually, you just did a kegel. Now, try doing that same motion when not on the toilet. Hold it for three seconds, let it go. Try that for 10-100 times. As you get better, and strengthen the muscles, try holding it for 10 seconds, and letting it go, and holding it for another 10. You can pulse, contracting and releasing quickly and repeatedly. Hold it for as long as you can, then release.


There are all sorts of fun and exciting ways you can work out these muscles, even when by yourself. I do my kegels at my desk (hopefully my co-workers aren't reading this!), on the train to work, when driving, standing in line at the store, in the shower, you name it. This is one type of exercise you don't have to make time for, don't have to buy special outfits for (you don't actually have to wear anything while doing them), and it doesn't involve sweating. Easy as that. I don't count anymore, but studies show that the more you do, the better, so get in the habit.


Benefits? Even better than just bragging rights for having superior and built PC muscles. For those of y'all who participate in PVI (penile-vaginal intercourse), you can do them while your partner is inside you, and it can be a pleasant feeling for both of you. For everyone; studies have show that women with strong PC muscles are more orgasmic, both in how easily they have orgasms, and the number they have. Yup, that's right, if you're trying to become multi-orgasmic (or want to work on female ejaculation), it's going to be a very long uphill battle unless you have some well-toned PC muscles. As far as pleasures and sensations, I know that doing my kegels makes me pretty damn horny (again, I'm hoping the co-workers don't read this) - in fact, I can get almost to the edge of climax, JUST from contracting my pelvic floor muscles!


You can do the exercises with or without something in you (a dildo, a vibrator, a penis, your partner's fingers, etc), and so you can definitely do them with a partner. Or talk to all your lady friends about them, and make it something fun to do together. In college, my close female friends and I (and one or two of the male persuasion) had a kind of inside joke. We'd come up to each other at the cafeteria, or after class, or in passing at parties, and wink at each other and say "I'm doing it right now!" (*It* obviously being kegels) It was just a little fun inside joke between us, and something to drive our friends who were not in the loop a bit crazy, but by the end of my senior year, my PC muscles were in tip top condition (and I'm doing it right now!).


Kegels; not just for pregnant women anymore. Anyone can do them, wherever and whenever they want. People have been doing them for ages - many just don't know what the "official" name is, but can work their PC muscles like it's nobody's business. Kegels are good for everyone, so take a deep breath, and have at it!


I'm doing it right now,


Essin' Em


It's time to sexercise with The Amazing G-Spot and Female Ejaculation:


The Amazing G-Spot and Female Ejaculation

No comments: