Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Sex Toy Review: Water Proof Beaver

Waterproof Beaver

The toy I got to review this week was none other than the Waterproof Beaver , a busy little creature looking to make me happy. As we are all well aware, I am not a huge fan of animal toys, so I wasn't sure how I'd feel about this toy…but at least it wasn't pink (the picture makes it look pink, but really, it's much more of a purple). If I'm going to get a dual clit/penetration vibe, I usually look for those outside of the animal kingdom, like the Japanese G-Spot Squirmy.


At the very least, the batteries were easy to install, and given the fact it only takes two AA batteries, it certainly seemed to have a lot of juice. The feeling of the toy was soft and jelly like. Although it claimed to be silicone, I'm not quite sure what type of silicone was, since it emitted a jelly like smell (good quality silicone does not smell whatsoever), and did not feel like the silicone I'm used to on toys.


It's waterproof, which is really cool, because most waterproof toys are either clitoral only like the Water Dancer , or penetration only, like the Krystal Vibe. It's great to find a 2-in-1 toy that you can bring to bath, shower, or hot tub playtime with you. I found that the sizing of the toy was pretty good, although I had to hold the beaver itself (the clitoral part) on to get the kind of stimulation I wanted. It has a twist bottom instead of buttons, and the shaft does not rotate.


My biggest concern with this toy was that the silicone/jelly/whatever it was started pulling up from the bottom of the toy after just one session. I mean, I know I'm hard with my toys, but I've had most for at least a couple of months, if not years, and I can't understand how the metal was starting to get exposed after 20 minutes. Maybe it was just me, but it's something to think about.


For the price, I can see this being a good starter toy for someone new to the scene of dual stimulation vibrators, or for someone on a budget. However, there are other toys I feel would work just as well, if not better, for a similar price, such as the Pearl Butterfly which has pearls that rotate in the shaft, and two sets of controls.


Want to get busy as a Waterproof Beaver? Or browse a variety of other toys? Click here!

No comments: